I just hit publish. Actually, I hit publish on November 1. And have been getting ready to tell you since then.
If you’ve been following me for awhile, you probably know that I wrote a book: MOMMY MUSINGS: Lessons on Motherhood, Love, and Life is the story of finding wisdom in motherhood and among the presenting conundrums that occurred during my son’s first ten years. It’s an inspirational book to live by because the moment we become parents is when our ordinary lives become extraordinary.
I finished it in late 2014 and since then, I have been researching the publishing industry and submitting my book to publishers. No one has picked it up – yet. So, I decided to publish it myself. My book is available in paperback on Amazon.com.
10 Things to Help an Author
You, dear friends, family and colleagues are the best gateway for finding an audience for my writing. There are a bazillion things to do, but I can’t do it all. So, I’m asking for your help. Here are 10 things you can do to help share the book and celebrate motherhood.
- Buy the book. Here’s the link to my book on Amazon.com.
- Gift the book. It makes a great gift for any mom (or dad!).
- Review the book. If you buy the book on Amazon, please post a review. Posting reviews gets books and authors noticed. The only thing that sells books is word of mouth. If my book sits on Amazon with no reviews, then it is unlikely to get seen by anyone and sell.
- Read the book in public. Reading the book while waiting at Urgent Care, or the nail salon, or before picking up your kid from practice, or wherever people can see it and ask about it helps it get noticed and spark a conversation.
- Follow me on social media. You can find me on: Instagram. Facebook, or Twitter.
- Share news of the book on social media. Example: “This new book by my friend is a great gift for busy moms. Touching and funny stories for all parents to enjoy.” Tweet or post a picture of the book. If you see me post something on social media, feel free to like, love, comment, re-share, retweet, pin, flip, plus, etc.
- Invite me to read at your next event. Whether you are hosting book club or throwing a Tupperware party, I’m happy to read from my book, or answer questions about writing or the publishing process. Send me an email.
- Arrange a connection or introduction. Do you know a publisher, blogger, or reporter who covers parenting, relationships, books, or a similar topic? Do you know the owner of a retail gift shop who would be interested in carrying the book? Let me know!
- Request a book in local stores and ask them to stock it. You can walk into Barnes & Noble or other bookstores and ask them to order it. All they need is this: ISBN #1542863315. If it’s on the shelf, you can turn the cover face out on the shelf so it’s easier to see.
- Send me your ideas. Can you think of any other helpful ideas to add to help share the book or celebrate motherhood? Post a comment below and I’ll enter you in a drawing for a free signed book.
P.S. If you want several copies, or signed copies, send me an email. I can place a bulk order and personalize them for you to pick up the week after Thanksgiving.
What do you think?
This is my best work today. Thanks for reading. If you like this post, please feel free to share it with your friends. Follow me on: Facebook, Instagram (@kristinebruneau), Twitter (@kristinebruneau), or Pinterest.